The company is a retailer of new and used cars, commercial vehicles and motorbikes.
Within the new vehicle retail department of the dealerships, the customer is not only the retail customer, but local fleet and business users. In retail terms the company provides a one stop solution for all the customers retail needs. From finance and insurance which allow the execution of the transaction along with service plans to maintain the vehicle during the ownership and parts and accessories which could make the product a bespoke offering.
Post purchase and during the vehicle ownership cycle, the company provides full maintenance carried out by its factory trained, manufacturer qualified technical staff. The company also has the ability to carry out warranty repairs under the manufacturers control and guidance
The company also supplies parts on behalf of the manufacturer brands which the company represents for cars being repaired and as a supplier to other car dealers and independent traders and repairers.
The company also provides accident repair facilities for its customers either through its own accident repair centre in Kent or through sub-contract to other accident repair centres.
Cambria was incorporated in March 2006 with the objective of creating an independent UK motor dealership group representing both the volume, premium and luxury segments of the motor vehicle market through a "buy and build" strategy.
The Company has identified and acquired a number of underperforming motor dealership businesses where it felt that its four pillar culture, defined acquisition strategy and operational process improvement would result in increased revenue and profitability by those dealerships which would subsequently produce increased returns and value for Shareholders.
1.4 The following time line sets out the Group's development:
- July 2006 - Acquired Cambria Automobiles Limited and Sudbury (Swindon) Limited;
- August 2007 - Acquired Thoranmart Limited;
- 31 December 2007 - Acquired Summit Investments Motors (UK) Limited which has subsequently been renamed Cambria Automobiles (South East) Limited;
- January 2008 - Acquired the trade and assets of 4 franchises from the Administrative Receiver of Caledonia Motor Group;
- Nissan, Volvo and Lotus franchises have been added to existing dealerships within Thoranmart;
- October 2009 - Acquired the trade and assets of 4 motor vehicle dealership sites from the Administrator of Autohaus Limited adding the Triumph and Mazda brands to the Group
- December 2009 - Acquired the trade and assets of one dealership from the Administrator of Lythgoe Limited, with both Fiat and Mazda brands.
- February 2010 - Acquired D&F Trading Limited from Drake and Fletcher Limited which incorporated 2 Honda and 2 Mazda dealerships.
- March 2011 - addition of Alfa Romeo and Renault franchises onto Blackburn Motor park
- September 2011 - Acquired the trade and assets of Doves Vauxhall in Southampton
- January 2013 - Acquired the trade and assets of County Motor Works, Vauxhall, Alfa Romeo and Chrysler Jeep in Chelmsford